Is your career calling for more purpose?
Watch an overview of the Nurse Residency Program
- Expand and develop your nursing skills via face-to-face instruction, online courses and simulations.
- Pair you with a trained preceptor to achieve skills progression and competencies.
- Provide monthly professional development activities focused on your transition from that of a student to a professional.
- Offer you the support of your cohort, consisting of others in similar roles, facing similar challenges.
Apply to the Nurse Residency ProgramSelect one of the regions below to learn more about our ministries and start the apply process:
Frequently Asked Questions
-What are the requirements to participate in the Nurse Residency Pathway?
- New graduates and RNs with less than 6 months experience and who have not participated in another residency program are eligible
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Complete the online application and upload the required documents
- Complete an interview with a panel of our nursing leaders and be selected for a position
- Before the residency cohort begins, successfully pass the NCLEX
+How do I apply?
Select the region(s) that interest you. Once on the region page, click join our team and available nurse residency jobs will populate if available.
+How many nurse residents will be hired?
The number of nurse residents hired is based on each specialty area units need and is determined by the leaders of those clinical areas. This number varies per cohort.
+How will I know whether or not I will be interviewed?
Our Talent Acquisition team will review your application once it has been received to make sure it is complete. If the application is complete, a member of the team will reach out to discuss the opportunity further.
+What is the interview process like?
All candidates are interviewed on the same day during our Nurse Residency Interview Expo. Your interview will be conducted by a panel of our directors and/or managers who represent the department that you are interested in joining. The date, time and location of the interview will be provided during your telephone call with Talent Acquisition.
+When will I know if I am being offered a position?
It is Talent Acquisitions goal to extend an offer as soon as possible. If you haven't been contacted within a week from the interview reach out to your local Talent Acquisition recruiter.
+How long is the residency?
The CHRISTUS Health Nurse Residency Program is one year long.
+I still have questions, who should I contact?
Please refer to the region page for each ministries contact.